Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Another day , another walk.  Truth be told, I had spent the day in quiet reflection on my actions 2 days ago.  Sure, these old people did not really matter, but does that mean I should have treated them as I did? These thoughts weighed heavily on my mind and slowed me considerably as I trudged along the gravelly path around Bedok Reservoir. Guilt is such a heavy cross to bear, especially when you are speed walking.

And then , out of the corner of my big beautiful eyes, I saw him.  He was barely a blur , but I knew it had to be him. I clenched my fists and waited for him to catch up to me . A minute later, the race was afoot!

As expected he took an early lead but I managed to maintain a quick enough pace that I wasn't that far behind but it was definitely a struggle, considering unlike my adversary I did not benefit from any performance enhancing drugs. Suddenly, and I swear this is true, he turned back to me and said "Indian Stallion? More like Indian Buffalo!! HAHAHA!!".  My nostrils flared at that horrible insult and I walked even faster. My lungs were literally bursting trying to get more air than they ever had to before.  My heart was pumping so fast that blood started oozing out of the pores in my chest .  Yet no matter how much I tried I still couldn't catch up to him.

I knew I could not keep this up without endangering my life, so dejectfully I slowed down, conceding defeat.  But then suddenly a beautiful woman in a white dress ran up alongside me and whispered into my ear. "Don't give up , my lovely Stallion" she said.  I did not know who she was or why she was trying to help me, but I heeded her advice and sped up once more.  If I died doing this, so be it .  There are few worthier causes to die for.

The next few minutes were a blur. I looked down at my feet and they were moving so fast I could barely make them out. I looked up and it was as if time stood still , no one else was moving except me and the old man.  The lady was nowhere to be seen.

Nearing the (imaginary) finish line at the entrance of the park, we were neck to neck .  With my last ounce of energy I thrusted my chest forward. It was enough to beat him. I screamed out in joy and raised my right fist in triumph, while pointing at him with my left index finger. He looked at me quizzically and said something in Chinese that sounded like "Sent Ching Ping" and sped off . I do not know what it means, but if I had to guess it probably means "Great walker, you have bested me and now I shall slink away in shame." .

Mystery woman , whoever you are, thank you.  Also you were kinda hot so I would love to take you out sometime if we ever meet again.