Sunday, September 07, 2014

I've been book-challenged by Val to list 10 books that reveal my 'book-self'

In Chronological order

1001 Arabian Nights - Thie first book I could remember reading , think I was 11 or 12. I remember being fascinated by the stories of Alladin and Ali Baba.

The Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula Le Guin - Probably the reason for me getting into fantasy. I still think Rowling ripped her off.

The Belgariad/Mallorean by David Eddings - Extremely funny and amazing characters. And Ce'Nedra was freaking hot.

The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M Auel - To be honest I don't remember anything about this book except that it had these amazing sex scenes in it. Yes I was a young perv, but this was pre-internet and it was pretty shocking to me. I can't remember the number of times I borrowed the book from the library.

The Empire Trilogy by Raymond E. Feist, Janny Wurts - If you like Game of Thrones , you will like this as well. Only difference is the protagonist is a woman who basically fights for her family's political survival after the death of her husband.

The Winslow Boy - My literature text and I absolutely loved it! It was a play about a father who sacrifices everything to prove his boy's innocence after he was expelled for stealing.

1001 Nights without Sex by Suzanne Schlosberg - I found this to be really funny and I loved her sense of humor

The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid - I loved the narrative style here, it was really unique. And it was quite tense as well , especially the ending.

The Kite Runner - The book that shocked me the most. Really graphic and some heart wrenching scenes in this one.

The Princess Bride - Probably the funniest book I ever read that has torture scenes in it.



So yea basically they are either fantasy or humor , except 2.