Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Facebook Post

Gratitude Challenge Day 5
You may wonder why it has been so long since my last post for this Challenge. Or you might have not even noticed or cared, in which case I hate you so just stop reading here and go back to reading crap about Kim Kardashian or Bieber! But if you are not , the reason is it has been a trying few weeks for me , so much so that I have not been able to really feel any gratitude. I been going through quite a few rather painful experiences including, but not limited to a really horrid dental appointment, tiring house viewings (I am looking for an apartment) and stomach upsets caused by overeating. But this is not the whining challenge (although I would call it sharing instead of whining),so let me complete with the last 3 things I am grateful for.

1. I am grateful for Bah Kut Teh. Yes I cannot imagine a world without it , it is a world not worth living. Few things compare to that feeling of stripping the tender flesh off the bones with your teeth and savouring that wonderful taste. And the broth , it’s like tasting heaven itself. If you haven't tried it , you are totally missing out.

2. I am grateful for totally kicking ass at Scramble with Friends. Few things compare to totally kicking the asses of the people I play with without even making an effort. Sometimes I use my left hand just to make it a challenge , or even go make myself a cup of coffee or take a piss while I am playing a game. But I recognise that God through Pastor Kong is the one who gave me this God-given ability , and to them I am grateful. For maximum effect , I usually play Scramble after having Bah Kut Teh, it’s better than sex.

3. Finally , I am grateful to every person I met in this life, both the good and bad . I think I learnt something from every person I met . Either something that I admired in the person and tried to emulate , or a really bad trait that made me learn to avoid similar situations or people in the future. And the most important thing is probably without meeting all these people, I would never have met this wonderful current group of close friends I have now and totally adore and who I cannot imagine not being in my life. These are the same group of friends who I am very sure are planning something totally wonderful and unexpected for my birthday which is only 10 days away. Also I am sure they will all pool cash together to get me a gift no less than 500 dollars cos they are generous like that. I am very sure they will not disappoint me because that is the kind of friends they are.

So that is it for this challenge. It has been a very draining experience to say the least , and it has brought me to places I never been before. But I have completed it , and I think I am a better person for it. Shalom.

from Facebook