Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Man Down

So I was at chilling out at an apartment with a bunch of friends watching a movie over the weekend when suddenly I heard a noise from the bathroom. One of my friends was taking a shower and I swear I heard him call my name. I immediately freaked out.

It might seem like not a big deal but there is really no situation I could think of where a guy friend has to call out another guy's name while he is in the shower. It was a muffled sentence so I couldn't really make out what he was saying but at that time I could only think of three possibilities.

1. He had something he really really wanted to show me.
2. He needed me to somehow help him scrub a part of his anatomy that he couldn't reach, how I did not venture to think further.
3. He was jerking off to the image of me and shouted my name in ecstasy.

I stood there frozen for a while but eventually his calls got louder and louder. Hesitantly , I moved to the toilet door to hear better, and instantly I wished I didn't . He was asking me to open the door. I said I didn't want to, that this was all a bit too strange for me but he begged me to. So I did, and realized his problem - the door was stuck, he couldn't get it open from inside. So I tried to open it , but then it wouldn't . I put all my force in it and it still didn't even make a difference. The lock was truly messed up. So we had to call the locksmith, whose number was conveniently plastered on the front door. He said he will be over in 30 minutes. BTW all this was happening at 2 am in the morning.

So there we were waiting, so I started trying to give some helpful suggestions. I told my friend maybe he could clean the toilet since he was already inside. Also we had paused the movie when this happened, so I told the rest that we could just continue watching the movie till the locksmith arrived but they were appalled I even suggested it which I didn't get. It was not like he was trapped in a cave and running out of air!! Frustrated and bored I went to the fridge and got myself a tub of ice cream. Yes I am a stress eater.

Finally the locksmith came. He looked at the lock and told us that he had to break it and it would cost 100 dollars. It was a tad on the expensive side, so I wanted to see if I can bargain it down to like 70 (I am indian after all) but then I just felt this anger emitting from the other side of the door so we agreed to it. The lock was jammed so the locksmith had to remove it, but he made it seem so effortless, I was actually watching him in awe. The way he prodded the grabbed the knob with one hand and just jamming the pointy end of his really long pointy tool with the other, it was quite impressive.

Finally it came free and my friend was saved. We thanked the locksmith, paid him his due and that was the end of it. We never did finish the movie.