Sunday, February 06, 2011

Romeo and Juliet

Yesterday a play I went to see
With 5 others, we set off merry as can be.
One of the 5 caught my eye, this really beautiful lass.
A girl of 15 years young, I believe her name was Steph.
Tried as hard I could do to win her favor but it was not meant to be
Every trick in the book, hell I even offered her candy.
The play started, but my heart was not in it.
Halfway through Romeo took his shirt off, thought it was tad conceited.
But he had a nice bod, Steph seemed to think so.
Never thought she was so shallow, what happened to the gal I used to know?
A great chill then filled the grounds, I couldn't help but shiver.
My body heat I wanted to offer that little girl, but I knew she longed for the body of another.
So there I sat, cold and alone.
In king's park,  so far away from home.
The play finally ended, everyone got up and left.
I sat there, still waiting for the return of my dear Steph.