Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Why do I keep doing this to myself...

Yes, that is the question I been asking myself since last Friday. I keep making the same mistakes despite getting punished for it again and again.

Of course, it involves a woman. It always does. Let's call her R. R is someone who I met not too long ago, and over the last few months I grown to trust her. But then last Friday, that trust that I took so long to develop was shattered in an instant.

We were supposed to catch a movie. She suggested going to a Chinese dessert place at Bugis, this really popular one. We got there and it took us around 5 minutes to get a seat.

So we sat and were deciding what to order. I told her about my love of ah-boling. How when I was working at Chinatown I would order like extra ah-bolings for my dessert. How I missed them terribly and would give anything to taste them one more time. But then R checked the menu and said there were no ah-bolings. I was a bit puzzled since this was a Chinese dessert place so it was strange for them not to have it, but I TRUSTED her so I ordered something else - Papaya in milk. I was feeling adventurous.

I was supposed to order while she holds our table, but my legs were tired from all the walking (we walked from Plaza Sing) so I kinda whined until she agreed to go. It was a long queue, and she came back 15 minutes later. I noticed a glint in her eye, a evil glint, but I figured I was just fatigued due to my tired legs so I didn't bring it up.

So our desserts came after 5 minutes. I looked at what she ordered and I almost screamed. Yes, she ordered black sesame with AH BOLINGS. The same ah bolings that she said were not available. The same ah bolings that I said I loved and missed terribly.

I was speechless for like a few minutes. There had to be some mistake, at least that's what my heart told me. But my mind knew the truth. But I needed to hear it from her. So I asked her how come she had ah bolings in her dessert. She said that the waitress at the order counter asked her if she wanted it as she was paying for her desserts. I asked her why she didn't add ah bolings to mine. She said it all happened too fast, that she didn't have time to get it for me as well before the cashier registered the purchase.

She said she was sorry, and offered me one of her ah bolings. It was more like a pity boling. I didn't want it but she insisted, and I didn't want to make a scene so I reluctantly accepted. The bo ling melted in my mouth like a rabbit's testicle, yes it was that juicy. And I realized why she offered me the boling. It was to torture me , she knew that now I had to watch her eat her bolings, in agony. While eating my crappy payaya in milk dessert. Who the hell mixes papaya with hot milk!!!?

And that is exactly what she did. She ate her two remaining bolings, after which she let out an evil sounding laugh , a laugh that expressed her delight at my obvious misery.

That was last Friday. Yet I still cannot get the incident out of my mind. How do you get past something like that? How can I ever trust someone ever again?

1 comment:

  1. you are funny!

    don't trust people who think only about themselves. Easy as that !

    ReplyDelete