Saturday, September 20, 2008

My First Song

I recently signed up for a guitar course at Yamaha. This is something I always wanted to do ever since I bought an electric guitar on a whim 3 years ago, but after turning 30 last week I decided that if I don't do it now , I never will.

In the meantime, I been just self-teaching myself the basics with the help of this guitar book I got from a night market, and I already written two songs. I am gonna share one of them with you. I call it "My First Song". It's just a silly little ditty I came up with that's really about nothing specific, so don't be too harsh on me alright. Enjoy it.

Title: My First Song. (First Draft)
Written by: Bert

Su, my love , she gave me a really nice guitar .
Its really nice , but being Indian I would have preferred a sitar
It's not as easy as it looks, to do both - to strum and sing
And it didn't help when my mom looked at me as i was playing and cringed
So i told my mom:

Chorus :
This is my first song, this is my first song, so please give me a break - either fuck off or sing along

You keep telling me I have no talent
That I will probably die alone.
I never understood why you hated me so much
When I am your very own flesh and bone?

So my mom started crying and ran out of the room.
But before i knew it she was back with a broom
So i said - mom why do you have a broom in your hand
I was kidding you old hag, jesus chill for a bit - can?

This is my first song, this is my first song, so please give me a break - either fuck off or sing along
You keep telling me I have no talent
That I will probably die alone.
I never understood why you hated me so much
When I am your very own flesh and bone?

Mom don't you know I love you
Even though I was always at the back of your priority queue
All my mommy issues , where do you think it came from?
Will you be happier if I was gone?

Chorus :
This is my first song, this is my first song, so please give me a break - either fuck off or sing along
You keep telling me I have no talent
That I will probably die alone.
I never understood why you hated me so much
When I am your very own flesh and bone?

2 comments:

  1. genius.
    i see many many rocking songs ahead.

    keep up e gd work bert..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You can play your pretty red guitar now too! :D
    Your song writing skills are ridiculously awesome.

    ReplyDelete