Friday, July 04, 2008

Hulu: My current addiction

I am gonna make a bold prediction and say that Hulu is a glimpse of what TV will be like in the future. If you haven't heard of it and you are a fan of sitcoms, you are so missing out!

Basically Hulu is a website where you get to watch your favourite TV series (both new and old) anytime you like. Each episode is streamed with minimal commercial interruptions ( 15 - 30 sec each, no more than 4 per episode).

For the past few weeks I have completely abandoned my TV set and been catching episodes of Arrested Development and The Office (Season 4). There are loads of other shows like Family Guy, American Dad, Daily Show with Jon Stewart etc. There are also older but much beloved series like Angel and Buffy. K Angel not so much.

K here is the downside - It is available only to American residents. Despite the fact that I lived there for a while (2 weeks in total) , I was still not granted access. But of course there are ways to bypass this, in my opinion, dumb restriction. Yes the idea of the internet being restricted by local laws is really stupid, they need to do something to get rid of this. But yeah anyway if you wanna try it out and you live outside the States, here's a hint: Hotspot Shield!

Finally, streaming for me was fairly smooth, although there are times when it starts to lag but usually I just pause it for a while and it's ok.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Buffy! My fave series of all time. I have to try out this hulu thing.

    ReplyDelete