Sunday, July 27, 2008

Amazon MP3 Store's Customer Service

I bought Opeth's Watershed album a month and a half ago for 9.99 US. Yesterday I realized that there was another version of the same album with 3 bonus tracks for 8.99 which kinda sucks for me. So I sent the following mail to them:

I bought the mp3 album Watershed from Amazon on June the 3rd. I found out today that a version of the album with 3 extra songs (but for the same price) is available. I would like to be able to download that version (or at least the 3 songs) for free, but failing that , at least to have the option to purchase the 3 extra songs which I can't do now as one of them is album only. I don't see the point of buying the entire album again through Amazon since I already purchased it previously.


I wasn't really expecting much to be honest, I likened it to buying a CD from a store and coming back a month later to see a limited edition of the CD with more tracks for the same price, you can't really demand a refund so I didn't expect one here as well. But I just thought I would try my luck, that maybe they would at least offer me the option to buy the bonus tracks.

Well I got their reply a few hours later:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you regarding this issue.

I have checked our website for the album "Watershed" by Opeth and found three additional tracks included for the same album. I am sorry to say that we cannot provide access to the additional included tracks because they were not available when you made a purchase.

However, because of the circumstances I have made an exception and issued a refund for $9.99. This refund should go through within the next 2 to 3 business days and will appear as a credit on your next credit card billing statement.

You can now make a purchase for the desired album with the additional tracks. I hope this information is helpful and will resolve your issue.

Thank you for your interest in Amazon MP3 store.


Yep they refunded the money that I paid previously, just like that. Without any fuss. So I bought the new version of Watershed with 3 extra tracks for 1 US dollar less than what I paid originally. How cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment