Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Phone flew Kite Runner

It was a sob-fest on Saturday.

We (Me and 4 girl friends) went to watch Kite Runner, a movie based on a brilliant but horribly depressing book by Khaled Hosseini. Halfway through the movie, I heard sniffing from my gal friends; yes those pussies were crying! I frankly was kinda bored throughout the whole movie because of its over-faithful rendition of the book, basically I knew how every scene would end as I watched it and that made the movie less enjoyable for me.

However, a rather critical part of the book was omitted from the movie near its end, for reasons I can't really fathom. Also I thought the "sex" scene should have been longer (like Irreversible-length) and that there should have been at least a glimpse of some sweet Hazara ass. You know, just so that the scene would be more authentic. But if you haven't read the book I would highly recommend watching it and then reading the book.

After the movie ended, I went to the gents to take a leak and as I was doing that I put my hand into my pocket and fiddled with my phone, as I always do. And that was when I realized it. My phone was missing. I raced back to the cinema hall but it was too late, the phone was missing. Girl friend tried calling the phone but it was off. Yes, some asshole found my phone and decided to keep it for himself.

I dropped to my knees, it felt like someone had grab hold of my aorta and pulled it out. I couldn't breathe. And then I heard a bloodcurdling scream. It came from me, but it felt like it was someone else. You see I had taken some rather private videos with my phone, videos that would ruin my reputation if it got out in public. For examples, videos of me in uncompromising positions with various objects ranging from plush toys to cucumbers to the fake silicon vagina ("Candy")that my friend had bought for me for my birthday last year. And only then did I know how the Hazara boy in the movie felt like. Although his so-called ordeal was hardly comparable to the pain I was feeling at the moment.

That was 4 days ago. I have not eaten or slept since then. But I have now decided that I have to be strong and move on. To live. The thief may have taken away my phone but he can't take away my spirit.

I WILL survive.

----------------
Now playing: Between the Buried and Me - Backwards Marathon
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

  1. I feeeeeeeeeeel you! I LOST my brand new 2 month old phone! Actually it was my brother who lost it... we called and called..and the fucking asswipe didnt have the courtesy to PICK up! grrrrrrrrr...

    ReplyDelete