Friday, December 14, 2007

Stallion's Annoying FB forum post of the day

K this was from a thread in the Singapore Facebook forum discussing religion. Of course when religion becomes a topic of debate, you will always have the one Christian fanatic who will make completely baseless generalizations.

A Christian - "I believe any atheist in his darkest hour will shout for God."
My reply - "I don't know about darkest hour, but as an atheist I have shouted out for God during sex, does that count?"

No reply from her so far.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm...as a Christian myself who tries not to make those generalizations or go around on the streets yelling, "Repent! The end is nigh!" I have to agree with you that her comment is probably pretty far from the truth. Sometimes the athiest on the death bed thing does happen, though, so you have to give her that much.

    As far as your comment goes, I hope her reply goes something like this:

    First of all, why wouldn't you yell out the girl's name during sex? I mean, being a girl, I'd rather have you attributing the pleasure to me and not to God.

    (Well, maybe not, because a good Christian would want the pleasure attributed to God since He made all things, including the pleasure of sex...)

    But on a slightly more serious note, when you use God's name like that, you're breaking the 2nd commandment, which is called blasphemy, which is punishable by hell, but God can forgive you if you repent and realize that He's good and you're not.

    Of course, I don't think she'll say any of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh.

    Hmm, what FB group is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tank: Well if she did say that, I would have no reply to be honest. How do you retort to that?

    Agagoga: That's the Singapore network. I'm fairly active there.

    ReplyDelete