Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I don't really like Arcade Fire (Is that wrong?)

Yeah will be in Taiwan for the following week. I try not to ask what is served for lunch and/or dinner but so far I know that I have tried pig's innards (way too chewy for my liking) and pig's ears (not that bad actually). Should have taken pictures but I totally forgot. Will try and post some tomorrow!

K you know how I was saying I might be going to Perth with Su? That might not happen, mainly because she's completely INHUMANE. I was telling her in the most polite way possible how I didn't really find Arcade Fire to my liking, that their music was a tad too depressing for my tastes (two of the band members lost family members recently and it inspired their album "Funeral"). After which I apologized for not liking the band even though I really wanted to, because I knew it was one of her favorite bands.

And can you guess how did she repay my sensitivity and kindness? I....I don't even know if I can repeat the words here, they were so hateful...Fine I will. She told me that the band was amazing and the only way I would appreciate them if I had family members who died. I looked at her with shock and disbelief - did she actually curse my family to death?

I thought to myself that maybe I had heard it wrongly, so I asked her very politely to repeat it. She repeated the same words again, but this time she gave this evil cackling laugh that chilled my blood and made me certain that she really meant those words, there was no mistake.

I mean if she specifically mentioned my dad it would be fairly acceptable, cos dad seems to be coming down with dementia or mad cow disease, he's always grumpy these days and really annoying to be around. So a quick (cursed) death would really brighten the mood around the house. But all my other family members are perfectly fine, how dare she!!

So yeah not sure if I will be still be going to Perth with her. Things seem to be way beyond repair at this stage.

5 comments:

  1. I don't believe you? How the hell can you not like Arcade Fire? Are you mad?

    Seriously la. You don't appreciate good music. AND YOU DO NOT APPRECIATE HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO GET TO SEE THEM BLOODY RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU?

    Ah. Angry.

    Breathes...

    Nevermind. You know what, Bert? People who like Arcade Fire just can't help it if we have a highly evolved taste in music. I bet you, you still like Britney.

    Zee

    ReplyDelete
  2. hear hear!!!

    and bert, i don't care. after their gig, we are following them off stage. they normally stage impromptu accoustic gigs afterwards in some corner. I'll MAKE you like them!!!

    Or.

    Maybe you could give those tickets to Zee???????????? Nothing beats having a fellow fan enjoying real music *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zee - During their set, I am just gonna put on my headphones and listen to Britney Spears.

    Minah - Ha I asked Zee liao, but apparently she's one of those people with those lame excuses! K you didn't cackle, u snorted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahlau! I've got work ok? I'm not like you and your jet setting lifestyle. I have to mould the future of our nation. It's important (Fine. I'm just trying to make myself believe that the future of these children are more important than Arcade Fire.)

    Please please please take a video of their impromptu gig. I am so so so bloody sure they will have one.

    Arcade Fire's amazing la. Enough said. There's 2 of us and 1 of you. And I hope your ears bleed if you snub Arcade Fire for Brit.

    Zee

    ReplyDelete