Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A joke for you

This is a joke I found from Reader's Digest (I subscribed to it a couple months back). I found it really funny so thought I would just share it.

--Start of Joke---

A ventriloquist in a comedy club was doing a routine where his dummy was mouthing off a slew of rude blond jokes. The act was pretty funny and soon the entire audience was in stitches. But then suddenly this blond woman stood up and began to speak angrily:

Blond Girl: I find your jokes extremely offensive and chauvinistic! Can't you see that you are just perpetuating traditional stereotypes by making such jokes and as a result hindering women such as myself from being taken seriously by our male counterparts?

Ventriloquist: (Stammering) I...I...Maam....I am really sorry maam, you are right, I sincerely apologize for offending you, it was very insensitive of me. I hope you accept my apologies.

Blond Girl: Hey mister stop interrupting, I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the boy on your lap!

--End of Joke--

If you didn't find it funny, well errm humor is subjective?

K on a more serious but related note, I recently read about this very interesting motivational tool used by Jerry Seinfeld. Seinfeld used this method to come up with a joke a day for many years, never skipping a day.

How he did this was he had this huge calendar in his room, and he put a big X over the calendar date for every day he successfully came up with a joke. The longer he keeps to it , the longer the chain of Xs grows, and the harder it is for him to skip a day and break the chain.

It's a very interesting method, and so I decided to put it to the test. There is a website equivalent for those who prefer a web-based calendar called www.dontbreakthechain.com, I am using it and so far I am on my 2nd consecutive day for all three daily tasks I set myself. You can probably guess one of them.

Only time will tell if this thing helps me stick to them. Will update again regarding this little experiment in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment