Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Tension in the air

I been spending a lot of time with S recently. Let's see we met today after work. Last Sunday as well. Saturday night. Two or three times the week before.

And during all our recent outings I realized that there was something strange and different happening between us; a certain kind of unspoken tension now hung in the air whenever we met up. The tension that was, dare I say it, very sexual in nature. I thought long and hard about it and decided to bring up the subject today. We had a really nice dinner at Phin's Steakhouse, and then took a romantic walk around Tampines Central.

Me: So I will be seeing you tomorrow after work then for the movie?
S : Yes...I guess ...we will.

Did I detect a hint of shyness in her voice? Yes I am sure I did. A shyness that was never there before. My suspicions about us seem to be correct.

Me: We been seeing a lot of each other recently haven't we?
S : Uhhmmmm yeah we have.
Me: Yeah, a LOT. Hell the next thing you know, we might like just hook up? *giggle*

They don't call me Romeo for nothing. But yes, very subtly the bait was thrown. All she needed to do was bite on it and we could finally address this little 'thing' that was going on between us.

S: *laughs uncontrollably*
Me: Wait, what's so funny?
S: Oh nothing at all. *still laughing*
Me: (Exasperated) You know it could happen! When two people hang out together as often as we do, things happen!
S: Yes Bert, I am sure it could.

You could cut the ridicule in her words with a knife. So apparently my suspicions were slightly off the mark. Humilation is a sucky feeling. Angered by her insensitive treatment of my feelings, I hit back.

Me: Well laugh all you want sista. But I doubt there will be laughter when you come to me in a few weeks and say "Bert, I think I'm starting to have feelings for you." Cos when you do that, my reply is gonna make you CRY!!

S: Oh my god you are right, forgive me Stallion, please I beg you. Please, I can't imagine that happening, it would break my heart.

If she didn't use my nickname I would actually have thought she was seriously repentant. The rest of the evening was ...well the less said the better. Somehow I have a feeling we won't be spending as much time together anymore.

4 comments:

  1. How could anyone be this cruel to you Bert? I am..speechless....

    Ahem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. *insert angry/sad face here*

    I'm so sorry! If you ever come this way we can go out for coffee!

    --
    http://www.thepinkc.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you just said the self destruct word.

    sista.

    It's over dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww...

    i still love you berty baby. not in a sexual tension kinda way. but, we can still hang out right right right? i can't dream of hanging out with anyone else except you! rrrrrr...aarf!

    -that S girl

    ReplyDelete