Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Indian men pay for sex but want virgin brides: poll

The most interesting statistics from the survey are as follows:

"The survey of more than 2,500 men aged between 16 and 25 conducted by India Today magazine across 11 cities found that 49 percent claimed to have had sex with a sex worker while 37 percent said they had had a homosexual experience.

But 63 percent of young men in conservative India said they expected the women they married to be a virgin.

Fourteen percent of those surveyed said they had had sex with a member of their own family."

K the last part is kinda scary. 14 percent engaging in incest, that's not exactly a low number. K I have heard that some traditional families in India have this thing where the cousin has the right to marry their niece, that is already hard for me to understand, but we are talking about sex with a sibling or a parent, here.

K it's a sex survey, and a lot of guys probably exaggerate/brag in such surveys because thats what guys do, so often the results have to be taken with a pinch of salt. I never get why guys do that, you don't see me bragging about me losing my virginity when i was 12 to an half-Italian, half-Japanese and 1% Hispanic model. But I digress, my point is doing it with a family member is hardly something to brag about, so that percentage is probably fairly accurate. I really can't imagine, as hard as I try, anyone going around bragging to their friends - "Hey guys, I banged my sister last night, she was a fine piece of ass!". K I feel creeped out just typing that.

Oh yeah the 67% wanting a virgin bride was also somewhat surprising, albeit less so compared to the incest statistic. I had the impression that those views were no longer as widespread as they once were. Men and their double standards! And they wonder why so many women hate them.

They should really do a similar survey here, among the different races. It would be really interesting to see what the results would be.

2 comments:

  1. You only lost your virginity at the age of 12?

    Hoho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so demented! Indian men.. hhmmphh..the lesser said, the better..And those percentages will give me sleepless nights.

    For more practical first-hand experience, go to New Asia bar on a weekend.. all the desi skeeves will be there. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete