Monday, September 04, 2006

Does my face scream serial rapist? (Part 2)

Sigh my children, so impatient you all are.

Alright so where did I stop? Oh yeah I was trying to have a conversation with the hot chick's back. Then the bride's brother brought another person to the table. A GUY. And asked him to sit right beside me. I looked at him angrily, and then I saw it. A glint in his eye. This was his payback for me bullying him when we were younger. He probably told hot girl that I was gay or something - that was the only reason I could think of for her ignoring me the way she did. Some people can be so immature I tell ya.

Anyway I ignored the guy and kept trying to get the hot girl's attention, but I realized after 15 minutes that I wasn't getting anywhere. So out of sheer boredom I turned to the guy beside me and striked up a conversation. He looked like the typical Indian mama, but beggars can't be choosers.

I couldn't have been more wrong. The guy turned out to be pretty cool. He was in the top 6% of his polytechnic batch, but he made the stupid mistake of signing up for the air force and was now stuck in a bond. He was smart, funny and time just melted away as we chatted. We talked about our careers, about how all the women we met were either psychos or closet lesbians, and how we are better off without them. I couldn't believe it, I was actually having a great time. I looked at him again, and realized how shallow I was for pre-judging him without even getting to know him first.

Suddenly he stopped talking and looked at his watch. Then he looked at me, and I knew it was gonna be bad news.

Him: Sorry I got to go. Got a wedding to attend.
Me: Can't you stay a bit longer?
Him: Nope sorry. It's a close friend of mine. I have to go. It was nice talking to you.

I hate to admit it, but I actually felt sad that he had to leave. I just wanted to talk to him some more. I mean, he could have stayed for another 5 more minutes, was that really too much to ask? But he didn't , and I didn't press him further. I watched him leave, not knowing if I would ever see him again. And the strangest part is now there were 4 other people at the table, but I felt lonelier than when I first came and there was no one.

That's not the end of the story. Part 3 tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Stalion...

    I feel so sad for you when i read your posts regarding your women issues.I'm an attractive indian woman (rarely clad in a saree though) myself and i promise to chat you up if i see you lonly-ly seated at such functions et al.

    Dont be so hard on yourself... i'm always here for you...leaving anonymous comments on your posts every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAA bert. you amuse me (: PART 3 PLX and tyvm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gilbert!!! Pls, part 3..pls...

    I hope u meet that dude again, he seems to be ure soulmate.

    ReplyDelete