Sunday, September 03, 2006

Does my face scream serial rapist? (Part 1)

That was a rhetorical question, in case you feel the urge to leave an answer. It happened again. If you remember, I blogged a while back about my friend's birthday party at Cafe Iguana, and how the cute girl opposite me would rather stare at the ceiling than talk to me. I cried myself to sleep that night, but the next day I told myself it was one of those freakish things that happen once to everybody.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

I went to the solemnization ceremony of a childhood friend of mine (let's call her V) at this clubhouse at Balestier Road yesterday. My sister was supposed to accompany me since she knows V too, but then inconveniently she gave birth last week and so was confined for the next month. Anyway I was sitting there alone at this huge round table, waiting for the ceremony to start and getting really bored out of my mind because I didn't know anyone there. Then this rather fetching girl in a sari came to my table. V's brother had seen me sitting alone and had asked that girl to sit on my table. So nice of the boy to hook me up. Almost made me feel bad for beating him up when we were kids.

Unfortunately it went downhill from there. First, she felt the need to choose the seat furthest and directly opposite from me on the table, even though they were all empty. K fine I thought, I been through dates where the girl did that so it was no biggie; I was confident that I could win her over with my charisma and personality. But before I could utter a word, she turned her back to me and looked at the stage. At the old (and topless) Indian priest who was doing the Hindu rites. Yup, she would rather see an ugly old half-naked guy chanting mantras than talk to me. I couldn't believe it was happening again. I would have rather she stared at the ceiling like the other girl.

What's up with those Indian priests anyway? They are half-naked all the time during all these functions. The thing is they are almost always fat. I don't know, but if I had to be half-naked in front of people most of the time I would probably try and work out and have a half decent body to display. But hey that's me.

But I digress. I spent the next half hour looking at hot chick's back which was not as fun as it sounds. I think she turned around like once to drink from her cup during that time without even looking at me. But then something amazing happened. Will blog about it tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. pls don't make me wait til tmrw for the rest of the story!! BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What what what what WHAT HAPPENED!!?!?!?!?!?

    XP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't tell me she asked you out?

    Punitha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her hot brother hit on you? She confessed she was lesbian and wanted to have a threesome with you and her partner? I know, I know, she told she's a virgin and that you were THE ONE to deflower her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. did u try to hit on her?? did she then pretend to be deaf n dumb?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ok I think I need to do more of this 2 parter posts.

    ReplyDelete