Thursday, August 31, 2006

I hate you (but I am not emo)

I am sitting here in my office, trying my best not to lose it. And at this very moment only one person comes to my mind. It's a guy. He's naked and shivering, and he is watching me in fear. Fear of what I am going to do to him. He is right to be afraid, I am imagining all the unspeakable things that I would like to do to him. To make moan in pain, to make him suffer. Just like what he had done to me. I want him to taste his own medicine, to let him know how bitter it is.

My hands are still shivering, and as hard as I try I can't make them stop. I never hated anyone as much as I hate him right now. I am talking about the guy who came up with that stupid thing called "centralized air conditioning".

Seriously, this has to be the dumbest invention ever. My office space is perpetually ice cold, and when it rains (like now) it's freezing to the point that my fingers are suffering from frostbite. I went to the receptionist but she said there is nothing that can be done, that the controls to the air-conditioning throughout the building is "centralized". In fact no one knows who controls it or even where the control center is. I don't get it. Isn't technology suppose to make it easier for us to control our resources, rather than prevent it?

I trudged back to my seat dejectedly. Along the way I noticed the girls in the marketing department huddling together trying to keep warm. I wanted to go over and hug them, to sacrifice some of my body heat to keep them warm. But as is often the case, my intentions would most probably be misinterpreted so I didn't.

I don't know how long I can take this. It's getting so bad that I feel like asking my colleague to hug me just for his body heat. I am actually eyeing his warm body with lustful longing right now as I type this. This is what I have become. But I am too cold to care anymore.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I can understand that! My fingers have turned blue, and I can't feel my nose at all... Methinks centralised airconditioning is a modern day torture device...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was there I would hug you and sacrifice my body heat to you lanfear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Bert... cho chweet! That's awrite, mate, I've got my trusty wrap and every hourly smoke breaks to thaw out my fingers & toes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Canadians in my office complain it's too cold. Canadians mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha bert. i got nothin to say. :p you coulda tried askin if the girls needed some extra warmth... wonder what they'd have said.

    well anyway i died in the early part of the day due to the cold. got wet in the rain on the way to school. hall was air conditioned. and some gay fag of a teacher was tryina pump on stage. anyone wants my shoes to try?

    ReplyDelete