Sunday, July 09, 2006

Taking a risk

My hands trembled as I looked at her, I could only hope that she did not notice them. I have never done this before. But I told myself that there is always a first time, and if I didn't do this now I would spend the next few days regretting it. It was time for me to take a chance and throw myself off the deep end. I took a final deep breath and walked towards her.

She looked at me in anticipation, almost as if daring me to do it. And that moment I froze. I think she knew I was a newbie at this. I don't know how she knew, she just did. I stood there just staring at her not saying anything. Finally she broke the uncomfortable silence.

"Yes?"

That one word. So simple yet so powerful. That one word made me realize what I had to do. I have gone too far to turn back now, to do so would only make me look really silly. So I grated my teeth and stretched out my hand. And handed the ticket to her. And she gave me back the betting slip.

100 dollars on Italy to win tonight. I have never bet more than 20 dollars on anything, so this was really a huge step for me. I will know by tomorrow whether my risk paid off. But whatever the result, I am glad I took this chance. Because that is what life is about isn't it?

7 comments:

  1. and ho ho...italy won..

    im a softie..i like ur blog.sweeeeet dude!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Gil... U won the bet.. Its a great game hehe... Glad that Italy Won.. I also wish they could win... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost money, cos score is for full time only.

    Ha you know, most people won't know what a softie mmeans outside the forum, they might think something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn. I was hoping for a bigger necklace this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you, bert! and hooray for gambling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. damn it..i din tink of tt man..hahhaa...holy mother of god..

    im NT a gay.

    man..nvm..money come and go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sirisha: I can't get you a necklace, but you can have my heart.

    Dawn: Yeah gambling rocks!!!

    Superkid: Good that you cleared it up. Sigh that was my money to feed my family for the next week.

    ReplyDelete