Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tech: Enable your RSS feed damn it!

K if you have a blog on blogger and you don't have your rss feed enabled, please do the following. I read blogs exclusively using rss now so if it isn't enabled I usually don't read it often, it's just too much of a hassle to keep checking it for updates. So if you get link referrers from "netvibes.com" that would probably be me, that's the site where I have all my blog feeds.


There should be a site feed option in the settings tab of your blogger dashboard.

Also make sure at the top of your blog template BETWEEN your <head> and <head/>tags , you have

<BlogSiteFeed><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS" href="<$BlogSiteFeedUrl$>" /></BlogSiteFeed>

That's it.

Blogged with Flock

6 comments:

  1. Oh my god...aren't you pms-al and throwing a diva tantrum today. Haha..

    Zee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zee: Girlfriend, this is nothing. You haven't seen me throwing a real tantrum ! *wags finger and shakes head in a circle*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was all my fault wasn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope mine's enabled the right way.

    and yea, netvibes is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. does my blog feed work? I don't even know....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sirisha: Ha no la.

    Keith: Yep it is now, it wasn't working before though.

    Dawn: Yeah it works!

    ReplyDelete