Thursday, April 20, 2006

Why can't they give the change separately?

Frankie got it spot on. She complains on this post about why cashiers always balance the coins on top of the notes before giving it to you when they can give it to you separately. I have to admit I never really thought about it, till after I read that post.

But now I realise how annoying it is everytime it happens as well. Because I will always have this fear that the coins might slid off the bills, drop all over the floor and I end up looking like an clumsy oaf who can't even keep his change properly. And like she mentions, it's a real hassle when you have other things in your hands, then it becomes a real balancing act.

So if you ever worked as a cashier, why do you do that?

11 comments:

  1. Just so customers won't think we are tryin to keep the change as tip. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you suggest they give you the change then?

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALG And Femme: Why not give the customer the change first, then the notes. Then the customer simply has to put the notes away first followed by the coins. The coins won't drop cos they would be in the palm, while the notes are held by the fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of times taxi drivers do that too and more than often the coins DROP. And just as often all they can do is apologize while I have to pick all the coins up! Damn Annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops...i kinda digressed didn't I? *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah, I agree with you totally, indian - that always bothers me too! just put the fucking change in my palm first, you assbackwards cashiers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I always do is give the change and then pass the notes...

    simple, common sense. and i was once on the cashier. dont understand why they cant do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dei fuck you okay va - bloody oldpiz clumsy tamilian!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Because they're stressed up with work and attend the International Cashier's Convention where they plan their conspiracy to slowly take over the world.

    Beware.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hhaaaa the conspiracy theory completely rocks. =P i've always taken it as like a cashiers' habit, to balance the change on the notes. my take, theyre too lazy and have not enough PR to extend their hand once, give the change, and then extend their hand again to give the notes. too lazy and too impatient basically. so they try to do it at one go.

    ReplyDelete