Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My V day experience

We went to watch Brokeback mountain, it was such a beautiful story. After that we had a really nice candlelight dinner at the restaurant. We talked, we laughed, it was the best Valentine's day I ever experienced.

That was what I was expecting to blog. But the reality is, like is usually the case, turned out rather ugly. I told him about the surprise I planned for him while we were in the gents, he was peeing away happily. I then waited for him to finish up and look at me, to see that smile on his face that would tell me how happy he was that I went to that much trouble.

He zipped his pants up and turned towards me. But there was no smile, just a really ugly scowl. Then he said something to me that I can't bear to repeat here. Very hurtful words they were. And with that he left, leaving me sobbing over the sink.

I don't get men. You do everything you can to please them, to let them know that you care a lot for them. But it is never enough for them, they never appreciate it. It's ironic in a way, with his actions he caused me so much pain that I felt as if my back had been broken. Just like the title of the movie. Yes it's a bit of a stretch but I am upset here dammit.

I spent the rest of my V day evening listening to Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton. I kept thinking that maybe I should have given him chockolates or roses, maybe that's why he got mad, maybe I didn't put in as much effort as I should have.

I am gonna skip Thursday's training session, I just can't bear to see him again anymore. But I don't know how I am gonna go through life now without seeing that smile. Those dimples. I am not sure if I can.

Take back that sad word good-bye
Bring back the joy to my life
Don't leave me here with these tears
Come and kiss this pain away


- Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton

10 comments:

  1. dun worrie abt it mate!! u still have me and mr peh!
    cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh, isn't tht a tad overdone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my..
    i weep for u and ure broken back-like feeling
    chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah. chockolates.

    okay i'm sorry. i shouldnt have laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bertie,
    I say forget about the bastard. I still love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you still have me.

    tell you wat I'll be generous and rent to you PT for one night only.

    at the very special prize of $99.90, usually its a hundred bucks but being the kind, sensitive, thoughtful and generous friend I am, I shall graciously give you a discount of $0.10.

    Nah, don't have to wept in gratitude . Thats what friends are for. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. what's going on here, bert? it's not working out with the women, so you're moving on to men? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sam: No, I don't trust men anymore. I just can't.

    Ann: Yeah I know, I thought his reaction was a bit extreme.

    Mahima: Thanks love.

    Nerd: Sorry for not checking my spelling in my distraught state!! Men!

    Bratty: I know you do, but it ain't the same.

    Inex: Err thats a lot for a movie date.

    Dawn: Err all I wanted was to be out with him on V day, is that so wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gilbert! Just re-discovered your blog, so dropping by just to say hi =).

    -rohana-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear. What a cad. Tsk. Good men are so difficult to find nowadays!

    ReplyDelete