Saturday, August 06, 2005

Wax and Chocolate

Went to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a couple days ago with a gal friend. The poor gal was so excited to see me that she left her handphone in the office when she left to meet me. It's good to know I still have that effect on women.

We decided to grab dinner at this new place at Cineleisure before the movie. So there we having a really nice conversation (we were sharing our daily skin regimes with each other) when the waiter interrupted us. I noticed him checking me out since the moment we walked in but I didn't wanna make a big fuss. Anyway, he came over on the pretense of lighting the candle thingy on our table. He picked it up to light it but it was obvious that he was more interested in ogling at me. Suddenly he to dropped the candle holder on the seat beside me. Where my bag was.

I looked in horror at the candle wax now spreading rapidly all over my bag and I had to really control myself, I could feel tears welling in my eyes. Hey, the bag had a real sentimental value for me alright, it was bought for me by mom when I got my degree in university and I promised her that I will treasure and keep it clean always. Now that promise was broken.

Anyway, the waiter apologized profusely and started wiping the wax off my bag but the damage was already done. My friend thought it was all very funny, I was really tempted to grab the candle holder and throw it on her bag but being the gentleman that I am, I controlled myself. Later they tried to make it up to us by giving us an extra scoop of ice cream during dessert. I asked my friend to give up her extra scoop to me because it was my bag that got ruined but she blatantly refused. Can you believe that people like that exist?

About the movie, it was pretty good, almost magical at times. But I thought the ending was a little draggy, they added a pretty lame subplot involving Wonka's dad that I thought was unnecessary and out of place.


I don't know if it's karma but my PC died yesterday, can't even boot up.

5 comments:

  1. "I was really tempted to grab the candle holder and throw it on her bag but being the gentleman I am I controlled myself"
    (First LOL) Can really feel how disgusted you were.

    I asked my friend to give up her extra scoop to me because it was my bag that got ruined but she blatantly refused.
    (Second LOL) Way to go! kekeke...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh~ if only you guys know the truth...... but im too nice to expose his terrible lies =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be thankful the waiter didn't set your bag on fire!

    Candle wax is easy to remove. Warm water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED that movie! I didn't feel the creepy queerness of Willy Wonka that everyone else seems to have felt (that he was like Michael Jackson). He seemed more DISGUSTED by kids to me, if anything...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I boycott this movie openly. Watch the older one people! Its a classic!

    ReplyDelete