Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Slipknot Gig

My neck hurts and my ears are still ringing. But it's all worth it because I had a blast at the gig. Yeah haven't had this much fun in a long long time, I was jumping and headbanging and basically acting like a raving idiot. And I wasn't the only one.

Oh and gotta thank my cousin who works at Brewerkz, he got us free alcohol before we went for the gig and by the time we got to Fort Canning we were sufficiently wasted. And after the concert we went back to Cafe Iguana for more free booze. I suddenly feel closer to him than I ever felt before, I think I will be hanging out with him more often from now on.

Ha I was so wasted and pumped up with adrenalin that I asked this cute Indian chick with a really great ass smile beside me for her number, but she declined me. Alright on hindsight it wasn't a surprise, I wasn't exactly very smooth in my approach. I just tapped her on her shoulder and asked her if I could have her number. Didn't introduce myself or anything. Hey I was under the influence ok, give me a break.

So on the remote chance that the cute Indian chick googles for "Slipknot at Fort Canning" and gets to this page, I would like to tell you that I am usually more suave (and less crazy looking) so if you ever change your mind, let me know and we go out for drinks or something.

Oh and I almost forgot, they handed out free CDs to everyone who attended the gig. It's a full length CD of different artists on the Roadrunner label, but its mostly Goth (Cradle of Filth) and nu-metal bands (Ill Nino). They do have a few great metal bands like Killswitch Engage and Devildriver on it though, the latter I haven't heard of before but I am definitely going to check out.

2 comments:

  1. Fwah you very brave leh. Ok suave. Can ask for girl girl number like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! you tapped her on the shoulder and asked for her number? you're lucky she didn't mace your ass!!

    ReplyDelete