Friday, August 12, 2005

Riot police needed to handle 4 demonstrators

Gotta thank my friend for showing me this, this is really funny shit. Only in Singapore do you need 40 police officers (including fully geared riot police) to deal with 4 protestors who were apparently just standing around with signs. Oh and 2 of the protestors were women.


The rowdy protestors....

And the full force of the law called to deal with them.

Now you know why riots are practically unheard of in Singapore. Hell I would have probably pissed in my pants if I saw 10 riot policemen coming after me. Gotta give them credit, they have balls (even the two women).

Click the title of this post to get the full story.

8 comments:

  1. Understandable. 2 of them were women. I would have called in the army as well, just to make sure there was no hanky panky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the article dear! I am laughing my ass off.As bugs bunny would say, "what morons!" (read as maroooooon)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if it becomes a full fledged riot and civilians get injured, who gets blamed? the authorities no? I don't think erring on the side of the public's safety is wrong dude. We had our fair share of riots in the 60s and 70s. I believe this 'kiasu' number of riot police is to prevent history from repeating itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for bringing this to my attention.

    It was 4 people, wearing t-shirts with pink words. how violent can they get? and never mind that riot police were called out but 40 of them?!

    and then taking their t-shirts away? they might as well have pissed on them and stopped them from washing themselves after. because "they said so".

    IDIOTS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Piangz. This is the first time I see photos with the so called riot police. So far I've only seen photos of the 4 demonstrators.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous : Ha so they were there to stop any indecent (foursome?) behavior.

    Jupiter : You are welcome.

    Aberwyn: I think it's awfully excessive. They were after all just standing there holding transparencies. And the possibility of them inciting other people to join is quite remote, it is Singapore after all.

    Nausheen: I think it was to intimidate them so that they will not dare to repeat it again. Ya were they even allowed to confiscate the T-shirts, I mean on what grounds?

    Lancerlord: Was it in the papers ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the grounds that they may have a wet t-shirt contest after and may lead to, gasp, indecent exposure! Oh the horror.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only read about it in the internet. But should have in the papers lah. This is big news in Singapore. :)

    ReplyDelete