Friday, August 19, 2005

Evil thoughts

I have a confession to make. I been having really really evil thoughts about mommy. I know I shouldn't have them, but I can't help it. Yes, I am a little afraid that I might just snap one day and start cussing at her. I know I am evil to even think that, but she can be REALLY annoying and it is starting to get to me.

She called me at 12:30am on Tuesday, I was hanging out at Cafe Iguana with my cousin.

Mom: Where are you?
Me : Out with a friend.
Mom: (Almost shouting) Don't you have work tomorrow? Why are you not home and sleeping yet? How are you gonna wake up tomorrow to go to work?
Me: Thank you for reminding me of my responsibilities mom. I am rushing home right now.

Of course it was just a lie to appease her anger. I hanged up the phone and stayed at the pub. For almost 10 more minutes. Yep, the poor woman could no longer control me like she used to.

Then yesterday I was out with a friend at Coffee Club at Siglap. At 9 pm. Guess who calls again.

Mom: Where are you?
Me : Out with a friend?
Mom: Why are you out late every night nowadays? Are you doing drugs? Or hookers? TELL ME!!
Me : Late? It's 9 pm mom.
Mom: Exactly, you should be in bed now!

Yes see what I have to put up with. Alright maybe I am being a bit unfair, she isn't always like that. I mean, she does let me stay out till 1 am on weekends, provided it's an all guy outing.

I don't know but I been feeling that my bad luck with women could have something to do with her. I know it sounds silly but I can't help feeling that way.

God, help me erase these evil thoughts from my mind.

7 comments:

  1. YozZZzz! My mum is like that too. She is very suspicous of whatever I do outside. If I got back from work early today, and then the following week, I got back late (which is usual actually, because of work commitment), she would question me suspiciously and reprimand me not to wander about after work. But of course, none of my explanation would work on her. I guess protective moms are like that. They still treat us like kids. Sometimes, I just feel that I can't really 'grow up' with that kind of environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a bitch for acting like that, period. Pardon the harsh words but I can't stand controol freak mums like that. Unless you are like 18 but you should be at least 23?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que : Ya shes way too overprotective.

    Anonymous: Hey, its my mom I can bitch about her. But not you alright. How would you like it if I called your mom a bitch for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yo wassup bro!!!
    yr mummie giving u a ribbing again!!! wanna watch soccer tonite???? u lost the previous bet to me and wanna give u a chance to get yr money back!!!
    call me!!! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel that its an indian thing, my mom gets crazy like that too....take it easy dude, nthg much you can do abit except get married n move out....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moms are cute..Mine's also overprotective..but she's lost hope over the years. Just let her down easy man.If a girl can do it, you can too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post is definitely not going to put you in good light for your potential admirers hehehe

    ReplyDelete