Sunday, April 03, 2005

I shall no procrastinate no more!

I been running for the past week late at night. Yes it's my 2nd attempt at losing weight after my ill-fated vege diet that lasted a grand total of a week. But I realised a couple of days ago why that didn't work; read this article in the paper about how certain blood types have to stick to certain foods - my recommended food was protein-rich foods like meat. So it wasn't a lack of willpower, rather my body was trying to force me to take the food that it knew I needed.

But like mom always tells me, if you fail the first time try again. She had to tell that a lot of times to me while I was growing up. But yeah, she was the one who told me that it was time I stop staring at the naked pictures of myself during my army days and trying to relive those glory days. I was angry at her at first for spying on me while I ogled at my naked pictures but then I realised she had a point. Not sure how long I can keep this going, hopefully longer than a week. We will see.

Oh and I am (finally) going to buy an electric guitar next wednesday, got a friend of a friend to teach me guitar. Something I been planning to do for a long while but never got around to it. Can't wait to start and learn to play my favourite songs by Richard Marx, Roxette and Mr Big. After that it's just a matter of time till the chicks come flocking.

Speaking of music, I hate Simple Plan and Avril Lavagne, both of whom have been or are coming to Singapore. If this is what punk has to offer nowdays then god help us all. To those who think they are amazing do yourself a favor and check out the Blood Brothers! And this amazing new band called Horse the Band whom I gotta know about thanks to jade.

But scarecrow, I'm still alive.
Who sewed me back together to watch the whole world writhe?
Watch me stumble on the cobblestones.
Mothers, grab your children, here comes the town drunk.
Scarecrow, they took my wife.
They tied her to an oak in a field of rye.
They flood the field with kerosene;
as the moths ate the flames their faces beamed.


Live At The Apocalypse Cabaret by the Blood Brothers

2 comments:

  1. hee hee. Fat boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, maybe you're not ironic enough!!!!

    ReplyDelete