Saturday, April 23, 2005

Firefox 1.0.3

Just a couple words of caution if you are thinking of upgrading to 1.03. I installed it and had huge problems afterwards. It wouldn't exit properly when I quit the browser (the process was still running in the background) and javascript windows like Haloscan wouldn't open.

The problem was only solved when I removed all my extensions, apparently one of them was causing the screw up. They really should have warned people that the new version might cause major conflicts with current extensions. Extensions not working is one thing, but causing the browser to screw up is another. So if you are using a lot of extensions for your Firefox you might just wanna take note.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up.

    Btw, which extension was giving you grief?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. I have like over 30 extensions installed. Disabled one by one but lost patience and just deleted them all in the extensions folder.

    ReplyDelete