Saturday, February 12, 2005

Old habits die hard

Today was a really tough day for me. Today I was gave up something that meant and still means a lot to me, especially for the past 2 and a half years. There comes a time when you know that you have to put the past behind you regardless of it's sentimental value and embrace the new. But knowing it is one thing, doing it is something altogether different.

Yes I have finally gave up my beloved Haloscan commenting system and embraced Google's/Blogger's in-house version if you haven't noticed. It was a tough decision, but the latest upgrade meant that Blogger's comments also now have the pop-up option, the old one was annoying as you had to click twice to leave a comment. And now it has the added feature of actually notifying you of new comments.

They have also added a way for users to leave a URL and name with a comment. Simply select Other in the pop-up comment box and you will see the respective fields.

I felt a twinge of guilt as I removed the haloscan html code in the blogger template. It just felt cruel to discard it because of a new and better alternative, after all it served me well the past few years. Yes it did have its share of downtime in the first few years as the servers got overloaded, but haven't had one for quite a while now. Anyway thank you Haloscan, it was good while it lasted.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Looks like i'll be making the switc hmyself sometime pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Testing. I like this better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad u change your commenting system. Prior to that I can't leave a single comment on your haloscan. Something about being banned by the user.

    ReplyDelete