Friday, February 11, 2005

Manhattan sucks balls

A month back I got a call from a gal who offered me the Manhattan card free for 3 years with no strings attached. It sounded like a good deal so I gave her my particulars, photocopied my pay slip and identity card and gave it to her.

I got a letter from them today. This is what it said.

Hi,
We have received your recent application for the Manhattan Card. We are sorry that we can't offer you a Manhattan membership this time.
However,we hope that this isn't goodbye and look forward to hearing from you again.

Cheers,
Manhattan


WTF? You call me and offer me the card, and assure me that I am eligible. And now you give me a generic rejection letter offering no explanation whatsoever. Screw you Manhattanites!

You know what I feel like doing? I feel like taking my DBS credit card and shopping like crazy with it. Then I will go to the Standard Chartered office and saying "Remember me? You wouldn't give me your card last month. Well, BIG mistake. HUGE!" and walk out of there with my head held high, just like a Pretty Woman.

Do NOT try the Chinese New Year pizza from Pizza Hut, it's the worst pizza I ever had.

9 comments:

  1. This is a test comment. I selected Identity other and entered my blog address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh?

    anyway, i have got their call too last week. i was having second thoughts initially cos i didnt see the need to have too many cards in my wallet, making it look all fat and ugly. plus i most probably wont use it. Now that you say it, it has made my decision all the easier.

    Fuck 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUch nonsense. Singaporeans are such goddamned anglophiles. A credit called Manhattan? GET REAL LA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. but hey! i think the Manhattan card looks pretty neat. though i prefer dbs black card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woo sounds like someone let out the bitch in ya. u go gurl! haha...melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, if they have something named the Tampines Card, and gets me 15% off anything i buy in Tampines, i'd get that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I think they use this tactic to obtain personal info. They will then call you now and then to do some telemarketing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think its called manhattan card cos its a card created by standard chartered for US in the beginning?

    Ha Keith ya and I can get the Chai Chee card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. typical behaviour. get real lar. don't get means don't get. such a big ego for what.

    ReplyDelete