Friday, February 04, 2005

Interesting stuff about Bangalore

1. Traffic

Jesus I thought Bangkok traffic was bad but that's nothing compared to Bangalore. Almost all the roads have no lane dividers, and you will always hear a vehicle horn every few seconds in the day, I kid you not. I pray to God everytime I try and cross the road, usually I will just follow the local guy as he crosses, I don't even look at the traffic for fear of chickening out.

2. Food

The food is amazing. I had the best papadams in my life at this restaurant, it's like an Indian cracker. It's crispy but the amazing thing is it's soft enough that it crumbles in your mouth, not in your hand. Other dishes (butter naan, chicken tikka) are delicious as well, but my favourite was this butter chicken thing that I had everyday.

3. People

One thing that I didn't expect was the presence of Chinese people here. Apparently there are quite a lot of poeple from the north-east part of India who are part Indian and part Chinese. I thought they were tourists till I heard them talk in the local language.

4. Books
Books are dirt cheap here. I got a couple of IT books on Bluetooth and Unix for around 30 Singapore dollars. Those books would have probably cost around 50 each back in Singapore.

Well that's all I can think of. I didn't really have much time to shop or move around because of my upset stomach and the fact that I was in the office from 8 to 9 almost everyday. But yeah would love to come here again to do more shopping, apparently Levis jeans are much cheaper here.

No, do not ask about Sita. That is a part of my life that I would rather forget. I just found out that she had actually ran off with the village idiot...i mean goatherd. Sigh she chose a goatherd over a handsome affluent indian hunk. Women are hard to understand I tell ya. Screw them, screw them all !!!!!

In Bangalore things are cheap
So you can do a lot of shopping even if your pockets ain't deep
I got at the cheapest price, 2 books
I practically had an orgasm when I saw the prices, that got me weird looks
And yes I am gonna swear off women for a while.
The next one I see I will run the opposite direction for at least a mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment