Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I'm worried

The intern who is currently working under me text messaged me yesterday to inform me that he has contracted dengue fever and has been warded in a local hospital. And here I was wondering why he kept taking medical leave for the past week. Will be going down shortly to see how he's doing. I asked him if he was out of danger and he told me he wasn't sure, something about his platelet count being very low. Hope he's gonna be ok.

Update : His condition has stabilised. Basically platelets are the stuff in your blood that causes your blood to clot when you bleed. So a low platelet count means that you could bleed to death from a cut or a wound, so he's confined to the bed for the time being, he can't even go to the toilet.

But I'm really glad he's gonna be ok, I was really worried. Sometimes you tend to take people for granted, and you only realise it when something happens to them. He has been doing a lot of my dirty work, stuff that I threw to him because I didn't wanna do it. So if anything happens to him I might have to go back to doing them myself, and that is something I can't even imagine myself doing. So thank you God.

Oh regarding the date with the madame yesterday, the less said the better. I went into her office after training and asked her out. She stared at me for the longest time, and then she flashed a toothy grin and said yes! But my joy was short-lived. I should have known something was wrong when she pushed me forward towards her table and then locked the office door. Now I know what those long wooden sticks that some of the officers hold in their hands are for. This is a Valentine's day I will never forget, for all the wrong reasons.

17 comments:

  1. You didn't make use of the unarmed combat skills they taught us in the army ? Go for rape counselling dude...

    ReplyDelete
  2. err bert? platelets are the stuff in ur blood that causes ur BLOG to clot when u bleed? LOL...

    ThugChic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for pointing it out ThugChic.

    Forgot my unarmed skills its been a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh my dad got dengue fever before and I wished I got it too just for an experience~ .. I kinda like the layout of hospital food. Its all healthy and yummy. When he wa sin there, my mom cooked his meals while I feasted on his hospital cooked meals. And oooo I hope the wooden stick is for some notti use! LOL!!! Dun get hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Vanlentine's day indeed! Hope your buddy gets well soon, and as for the madame, keep on rawkin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SPG: You like hospital food ??? I knew it, i knew there must be some flaw in you despite your hotness, and now i know what.

    Seema: Ya i hope so too, hes a really good worker. Please dun use the word rawking, brings back bad memories of the date.

    Brat: Gargantua is NOT a joke.

    BTW please leave your blog address/email if u have one pple! You can do it by selecting identity other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. woooo, u think im as hot as chilli padi? *giggles* Hospital food is healthy stuff isnt it~ .. when I was young, I wanted to... ah better dun ramble too much! choy choy choy!!!! I prefer to cook my own meals now =) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes its not bratty, it has brought joy to so many women out there how dare you make fun of it.

    SPG: ya my mommy always say its bad luck to talk abt hospital food. Cool, i cant cook to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry for doubting Gargantua... So, how many women exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well depends, are we only talking about women who are legal i.e. above 16?

    ReplyDelete
  11. No worries, your mom is saving your life everyday I think~ hehehe if not, you can ask me, I can teach you to fix some simple meals. =) ..but the fact is Im really sick of cooking for myself most of the time. These days I like to eat at delifrance. I love my ciabatta bread and chilled peach tarlet! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SPG : I would like that very much. When can you come over my place. Let me know so I can make sure my parents aren't ard. So that they cannot disturb our cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmm you should come to my place =) hehehe more cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SPG: Ah i would love to, but bf wun mind meh

    bratprincess: Me no like to brag. Add me on msn , email addy is in my blogger profile and i will tell u personally.

    ReplyDelete