Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Desperate Housewives : First Episode

Finally saw the much hyped about series on Monday night and......well I wasn't too impressed to be honest. The part where Teri Hatcher tried to clog her pipe got a laugh from me, but other than that I thought it was pretty boring. Same old stereotypes - the lonely divorcee, the horny divorcee who only wants men for sex, the artificially perfect wife etc. But then again I didn't get the hype about Sex In The City as well. Gonna give it a few more episodes before I give up.

But it's sad though, I used to look forward to watching dramas at 10 or 11 every weekday night, but now they have all been replaced by reality shows. My favourite shows like The Practice are either pushed back to ungodly hours or cancelled (24, Ed). And what do we have on prime time you ask? Well we get crappy locally produced sitcoms like Living with Lydia, Achar! and Phua Chu Kang.

I saw the trailer for Achar! yesterday. This is a snippet:

Husband: (holding a plant) Do you know what the plant said to the nagging wife?
Nagging Wife: What?
Husband : LEAF me alone!

Yup that's the quality of comedic writing here. I bet my dog can write better material.

Yesterday on Channel Five
I watched that show Desperate Housewives
It wasn't that funny as far as I can see.
But still it was way better than our local comedies.

2 comments: