Sunday, December 12, 2004

Down with the sickness

Been down with the sickness, specifically the flu, for the entire weekend thanks to the constant air-conditioning in the hotel the past week. Add to that I went to watch 2 movies in a row with a friend on Friday night (can't even remember the last time I did that - probably like never) in a freezing cold cinema. The first was National Treasure which I absolutely hated, probably because I was already pretty delirious at that point and all those action sequences weren't making it any better. But then again probably not, the plot was ridiculous and far fetched way too often in the movie - lump this into the "brainless action movie" category. Friend I went with loved it though.

Second movie we went to see after that was shortly after midnight and it was Shutter. Yup the Thai horror movie that I watched a month back. I don't know why but I just can't say no when a girl asks me to go watch a horror movie at midnight. It wasn't a waste of money, I did notice some scenes in the movie that I missed the first time around, like clues in the opening credits for example. And some scenes still made me jump in my seat. Alas friend covered her eyes during the scary bits instead of grabbing on to me as I had hoped. But catch it if you haven't, it's probably the best horror movie I seen in a long time.

By the way to anyone looking for an XMAS present for me, the new Blood Brothers' CD Crimes would be a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment