Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Another difference between men and women

Yes we all know that men and women are different in many ways. Like how women can be so unbearably annoying while men can't. But one of the biggest differences between us is when it comes to the skill of gift wrapping.

I wonder sometimes if women were born with the skill of gift wrapping, it comes so naturally to them. Me I see gift wrapping as simply a means to keep the identity of the gift secret until the appropriate time. My gift could be wrapped with newspaper for all I care, it wouldn't matter to me. It just doesn't make sense to me to spend so much effort on something that would be torn into shreds in a couple of seconds.

But it ain't the same for women. From my observations, women take their gift wrapping rather seriously, especially for close friends. It's almost as if they consider the gift wrapping as an extension of the gift itself. Yeah I know it sounds crazy but it's true. I do try to put effort when wrapping gifts for my female friends - but it always comes out like crap. I just don't have the talent for it I guess. Hence I always get my sis or another gal friend to wrap the gifts I have bought for other women. And I proceed to watch in awe as I see them wrap the gift meticulously, cutting and scotch-taping with great precision; they will even go to the extend of making a little ribbon or flower-like ornament to stick on top of the gift. Amazing.

So are there any guys who are well-versed in gift wrapping?

No comments:

Post a Comment