It's Deepavali this Thursday, will be spending it with my sis at her place. But as usual, the mom tried to get me to go visit our relatives with her.
Mom: You wanna go with me to our relatives' houses for Deepavali?
Me : No.
Mom: Well you should, otherwise they might not come for Christmas at our house.
Me : Ah ok....and that would be a bad thing because?
Let me introduce you to one of the ancient Indian traditions. Where relatives visit each other on religious holidays not because they want to, but because it's a yearly obligation that needs to be fulfilled. If you visit my house for Xmas, I am obligated to visit you for Deepavali. Why you ask? I have no idea. But you don't argue with tradition.
I can't stand most of my relatives. I see them once a year and they always ask me the same stupid questions.
1. When you gonna get married? (even if I do I won't tell you)
2. Have you got a girlfriend? (No)
3. Why not? (I am waiting for your kid to reach legal age)
4. Have you finished army yet? (Jesus I finished it in 98)
5. Have you finished studying yet? (No, life is full of endless lessons to be learned)
6. Where you working then? (Same place that I told you last year)
Hope my sister invites some of her hot friends over though. Oh and also her smart ones as well. So that after I ogle at the hot ones I can go over and talk to the smart ones. Just to show you people I am not shallow.