Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Deepavali

It's Deepavali this Thursday, will be spending it with my sis at her place. But as usual, the mom tried to get me to go visit our relatives with her.

Mom: You wanna go with me to our relatives' houses for Deepavali?
Me : No.
Mom: Well you should, otherwise they might not come for Christmas at our house.
Me : Ah ok....and that would be a bad thing because?

Let me introduce you to one of the ancient Indian traditions. Where relatives visit each other on religious holidays not because they want to, but because it's a yearly obligation that needs to be fulfilled. If you visit my house for Xmas, I am obligated to visit you for Deepavali. Why you ask? I have no idea. But you don't argue with tradition.

I can't stand most of my relatives. I see them once a year and they always ask me the same stupid questions.

1. When you gonna get married? (even if I do I won't tell you)
2. Have you got a girlfriend? (No)
3. Why not? (I am waiting for your kid to reach legal age)
4. Have you finished army yet? (Jesus I finished it in 98)
5. Have you finished studying yet? (No, life is full of endless lessons to be learned)
6. Where you working then? (Same place that I told you last year)

Hope my sister invites some of her hot friends over though. Oh and also her smart ones as well. So that after I ogle at the hot ones I can go over and talk to the smart ones. Just to show you people I am not shallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment