Sunday, November 14, 2004

Computer Science night

I was chilling out with a friend a couple of weeks ago at the ultra cool Wine Bar when I noticed this flyer which was promoting the 'Law and Media" night on Wednesdays, where professionals from those two fields get free drinks by showing their namecards. So I asked my friend why there wasn't a Computer Science night for IT professionals (like yours truly). Her response was to laugh uncontrollably.

What's going on here? Yes law and the media industries are pretty important, but come on without computers both would be practically crippled! So how come we IT people don't get acknowledged? Is it cause IT professionals aren't thought to be cool enough? Well if that's the reason then it's bullshit, I will have you know that I was known as Fonzie back in the Computer Science faculty in university.

No comments:

Post a Comment