Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Bride and Prejudice



I was so inspired by last Friday's Singapore Idol episode that I decided to get in touch with my roots. So I decided to go catch Bride and Prejudice with a friend last Saturday. Alright I really wanted to see Shutter (a Thai horror movie) but the friend declined because she didn't wanna grab me if she got scared, she didn't trust me after the last 'accident'. Sigh I get no respect I tell ya. You accidentally grab a chick's boob once and you are instantly branded a pervert for life. Anyway we compromised and went to watch Bride and Prejudice instead, with the condition that my hands would be visible to her at all times during the movie.

About the movie, well first let me talk about the good stuff. Aishwarya Rai is gorgeous as hell and it was really hard to take my eyes off her. I was never a really big fan of her in the past but man she's just so damm gorgeous in this movie. Ok I already mentioned that. There were plenty of funny moments in the movie as well, the best of which was probably the snake dance. And most of the dance numbers in the movie are pretty well executed, even if the songs themselves weren't so memorable.

Ok the bad : The lead actor was horrid, he spends the whole movie with a confused look on his face. There was totally no chemistry between him and Aish, seriously other than his strong supple pecs and piercing blue eyes there's really nothing that convinced me why she fell for him. The songs that were sung in English sounded pretty weird to me as well, those that were sung in Hindi (think there was only 1 in the beginning) sounded way better. The movie was way too long as well, 2 hours is way too much for a pretty simple and formulaic love story.

Overall it was OK, I say go check it out if you are in a mood for a light-hearted musical-type movie . You might not remember much of the movie after you leave the cinema, but I am pretty sure you won't forget Aishwarya. It will be interesting to see if she can break into the American market in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment