Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Rant : Cheapskate Handphone Owners (CHOs)

I have no problem with people being miserly. As long as their cheapskateness doesn't affect me. Hence the reason for this rant. This rant is about cheapskate handphone owners (CHOs) who try to reduce their phone bill at the expense of annoying other people.

So this is what they do when they wanna call someone. A CHO knows that if he makes the call it will eat up his talktime. So what they do is they call up the person, but they hang up before the person gets a chance to answer. Then the onus will be on the other person to call back the number that is displayed on their handphone's caller ID. So the result is because the CHOs are on plans with free incoming calls they don't need to spend a cent on the call .

Ok if you are of those who does the above let me explain why it annoys other people. Firstly, it is a fact that the majority of people in Singapore now have plans with free incoming calls. You don't wanna pay for the call eventhough you initiated it, yet its perfectly fine for the other person to use up his outgoing minutes to call you is it? Stop being a selfish ass will ya!

The second thing is the one that annoys me the most. When I get a call I usually answer it almost immediately. So what happens when I get a call from a CHO is I say hello and realise its a damm engaged tone. Do you know how annoying that is?? And how stupid I feel for saying hello and getting an engaged tone for a reply?

So the point of the story is if you can't afford to make calls to people from your handphone then don't. Call from a public phone if you have to, I don't give a shit how you do it. But if I get another CHO pulling that same trick on me...he or she will have hell to pay. And this includes everyone, even young moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment