Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Overrated Blog

I did a presentation for one of the faculties in a local university yesterday. It's pretty amazing how comfortable I was, I didn't even feel nervous. Ok so it was like only 10 people but you are talking about someone who was so nervous about giving presentations back in university that he once dropped his cards during one.

Read a really interesting blog entry from this american blogger yesterday about overrated and underrated blogs. This guy was asking his readers about which blogs they thought were overrated and which ones that should have more readers that they currently do. And that got me thinking about this one local blog that is really popular and has been getting a lot of attention. For some reason I don't get the hype, I visited it quite a few times and I still don't get it. It's decent but I can't understand why it gets as many hits as it does.

No it is NOT sour grapes I assure you, I am more than happy with my small but loyal band of 50 unique visitors daily. I guess it's just a matter of taste, maybe some people just prefer to read crap!! I like to think of my blog as an indie blog whose complex theories about life, reproduction and social interaction with chicks can only be appreciated by a select few. Hell I will probably be so disgusted if I had 2000 readers a day that I would just stop blogging. So thank god its only 50. And coincidentally 50 is my favourite number as well so it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment