Sunday, June 20, 2004

Yeah haven't been in a blogging mood recently. My posts will probably be less frequent nowdays, just haven't been feeling it. So what have I been up to this past week?

Well first trying to get my regular work done by the end of the month. I told the boss a couple of weeks ago that I really need to do something else altogether; that I was getting incredibly bored with the stuff I am doing now. He assured me that I will be able to do that after I finish my current stuff which is why I been slogging like mad to get it done. SO we will see what happens at the end of the month.

Noticed 2 really annoying trends lately. Was in the train on Tuesday when this chicklet who could not be any older than 15 came in wearing a pair of jeans that were so low that I could see right down her butt. I have heard of hipsters but these were more like buttsters. But seriously, the idea of 15 year olds flaunting off their ass cracks is kinda disturbing.

I was browsing through Friendster one day and I noticed a lot of people typing in AlTeRnATe CaPs in their profiles. If you are one of them, please do everyone a favor and cease and desist. It is NOT cute, it's just plain annoying. I could excuse pre-teens doing it, cos they probably think it makes them cool or something. But not adults.

Have been forcing a lot of my friends to listen to the song "Vermillion Pt. 2" by Slipknot, and surprisingly so far all of them like it. Never thought that it would ever happen. Well I would have never thought that Slipknot would ever release a acoustic ballad either. Go check out the song if you haven't.

Been listening to Icarus Line on repeat for the last couple of days. Trying my best to get into it but it's tough as hell, it's pretty inaccessible. But some of the riffs are pretty amazing though, like the ones in songs "Caviar" and "Spike Island". Critics have hailed The Icarus Line as the saviours of rock, just like they did with At the Drive-In two years ago. They were right that time (well at least till the band broke up), this time I am still not convinced.

Next album I am probably gonna get is Van Lear Rose by Loretta Lynn, a 70 year old country singer. Amazing reviews so far. Check the reviews out under my wishlist columm on the right.

1 comment:

  1. daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete