Thursday, May 06, 2004

Today my boss asked me how I was finding the task that I been doing (the Java coding that I am doing for another dept as a side project). I took the opportunity to tell him how much I was enjoying the work compared to the usual stuff that I was doing. And it appeared he got the (really obvious) hint - he told me that if I could find someone to take over my regular work I could concentrate on what I was doing.

So I was feeling pretty proud of myself for finally having the balls to tell him that.... until my colleague revealed to me that she had actually told him the exact same thing the day before - about how i was enjoying this distraction from my usual tasks that were boring the crap outta me. That was probably why he came up to me today and asked me about it in the first place. I thanked her later for telling him, she didn't need or have to do it. Friends like that are hard to find, well at least for me. I have known too many 'friends' who have a lot of soothing/comforting words when I am in trouble or feeling down, but that's all they offer. Words don't really mean shit to me - actions do. It's easy to say to someone you care. But taking the time and effort to show it is another thing altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment