Sunday, May 23, 2004

Blogger Idol - Home

My entry for Blogger Idol. This week's topic is 'Home'.

I think the word "home" means a place of comfort to most people. It's a place where they feel safe, a place they can call their own.

For me that word carries a much more negative connotation. I have always felt like I never belonged here. I felt like an outsider throughout my entire school life, and now I feel the same way at the workplace. And I find it so difficult to meet people here who I can relate to here, people who share my thoughts,views and interests.

I feel like I need to get out of here really soon. A couple days ago my friend and me were discussing the possibility of going down to Australia and looking for a job there if my contract doesn't get extended in September. Think it's time for me to start taking chances in my life, at least that way, even if I fail, I can tell myself I gave it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment