Sunday, April 25, 2004

Watched this feature on MTV which showcased the "22 Greatest CDs of the last 2 decades" as voted by the fans. Most of the albums are pretty decent to be honest; I was pleasantly surprised to see Foo Fighters' The Color and the Shape in the list. However, there are also some really horrid selections like Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory at No. 10. Yes yes I know taste is relative but come on, to put that album in front of Radiohead's OK Computer and Rage Against the Machine's self- titled is nothing short of rock blasphemy. And one of the reviewers even had the nerve to proclaim that they were the first band to successfully fuse rock and hip hop together (or something to that effect). Dumbass. But the worst had to be Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill as the No.1 album. If I was her I would be really embarassed.

Watched Secretary on my computer yesterday, a very funny but 'different' romantic comedy. It's about a gal who cuts herself to deal with the problems that she has at home because she gets relief from the pain. She then gets a job at this law office where the lawyer who himself is kinda weird humiliates her by making her do unreasonable tasks, but she finds pleasure in it and even encourages him on. The ending was a little too nice and neat for me but other than that I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment