Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Gmail

Yes you probably heard about Google's new email service Gmail. I first heard about it on April 1st and I presumed it was a very lame ass April Fool prank by Google. It sounded too good to be true - 1 GB of storage space is unheard of for a free email service. Well I got myself an account recently (it was offered to Blogger users), tried it out and it was pretty nifty. The conversation feature in particular is really cool cos it groups emails and their replies together so you can keep track of what was being said in earlier emails .And you can even use keyboard shortcuts which is another nice feature.

But a very big flaw is the absence of a feature to import addresses into the contact list. It is the only thing that keeps me from using it more frequently cos it's quite a hassle adding contacts manually. I also haven't really seen how it handles spam yet. Hopefully I don't need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment