Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Haven't been online much recently, been spending my time in an alternate fantasy world i.e. playing the Neverwinter Nights expansion, Shadows Of Undrentide. Playing an evil dual-wielding fighter/rogue who so far has robbed dying people, held a woman's baby for ransom after rescuing it, threatened to kill the mayor if he didn't agree to my demands, and back-stabbed (literally) allies. Damm fun when you lay traps on the ground and lead the stupid enemies to them, and then watch them walk right over the traps and dying without me even using my +1 Short Sword with 1D6 Cold Damage and +1 Keen Dagger. Yes I am an RPG geek happy?

Was on leave yesterday, was supposed to go cycling but change of plans last minute and ended up playing pool with my cousin. Still haven't started my exercise regime that I promised myself to get on. Oh well nevermind I will wait for my basketball khaki (pal) to come back from Melbourne on Xmas Eve. *procrastinates*

Was gonna post my favourite 5 albums of 2003 with a short review of each album, but well I found out that I wasn't really the reviewer type, find it very difficult to put into words what I loved about the albums. So anyway here is the list without any comments.


  1. De-loused in the Comatarium by The Mars Volta

  2. Thirteenth Step by A Perfect Circle

  3. Elephant by The White Stripes

  4. El Cielo by Dredg

  5. How the West was Won by Led Zeppelin


Have to give really high praise to Mars Volta, most groundbreaking stuff that I have heard since OK Computer. A definite must-have for any serious music fan. It is so full of emotion, inventiveness and free experimentation that it will make you realize how much all the other bands suck in comparison. Speaking of which I was watching this MTV show where the topic of the day was "your favourite band" and viewers sms-ed their view. The top 2 were Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park. Linkin Park I can at least understand why people like them (as much as I hate them), but Limp Bizkit ??? Can anyone tell me why they are so popular? What am I missing? Ok think it's time for me to get off my high (musical) horse.

Oh ya for the first time I am getting presents for people for Xmas, cos finally can afford to! And also I hope this will allow me to buy their friendship so that I can add more people to my friendster page (so far only 20 something!). You know they should have like a rating system for friendster. People with more than 100 friends should be given special rights to insult people who have less than 30 friends by telling them they have no life etc. by leaving comments on their pages. This will then spur the insulted lowlifes to get more friends so that they themselves can do the same to others once they have 100 friends. In this way everyone will end up with lots of friends (those who don't will hopefully commit suicide) and the world will be a happier place.

Overheard this at the workplace an hour ago, really cracked me up.

"It is not a lie, it is a change in direction"

Heh those ang mohs...have a really good way with words.

No comments:

Post a Comment