Monday, September 22, 2003

Ok this was one of the most boring days in recent history. I spent the whole day from 8 am at NUS for a whole series of lectures, there were around 11 altogether and it stretched from 8 am all the way to 6, with only 2 breaks for lunch and tea-break. And out of the 11 lectures I only found 2 that were actually interesting, the rest were so boring and dry I had trouble keeping my eyes open. Really feels like I wasted the whole day there, should have gone to work instead.

BTW I have been listening to Mars Volta's new album like non-stop since I got it, definitely a shoo-in for my album for the year. OK I know I have plugged this album a few times already, but seriously go listen to it at least once. You will either hate it or love it. (Hopefully it's the latter) But either way, I can gurantee you have never heard anything like it, and you will probably never will.

"THE MARS VOLTA have painted an other-worldly musical canvas so vivid, one listen and you won't remember which way is up. It simply doesn't get any better than this." Review

"... it's hard not to feel that "De-Loused In The Comatorium" is the auditory equivalent to awakening from a musical coma that has knocked us out for the past half a decade." Review

No comments:

Post a Comment