Friday, August 29, 2003

BTW you people should know that there are FREE alternatives to Microsoft(MS) Office. So if you don't have the dough to shell out 300 bucks (I think) for MS Office or you don't feel comfortable with getting a pirated copy you should take a look at two alternatives, one is OpenOffice and the other is StarOffice. Both can be used to open, edit and create MS Office documents as well; of course sometimes the formatting looks different when you do open MS documents, they are two different sets of products using two different technologies. OpenOffice is free while StarOffice is free for students, researchers and faculty members. I just think I should highlight this because before I joined my current company I had no idea that such alternatives were actually available. I have to confess I don't have much experience with OpenOffice , I mainly use StarOffice and it does slow down sometimes for me when I am formatting a large chunk of text, but hey it's free after all; you can't expect it to be as good as a 500 dollar product can ya, but it still does a pretty decent job.

BTW note to myself : Don't ever buy comics for chicks for their birthdays again. If I do I promise to knife myself in the groin.

No comments:

Post a Comment