Sunday, June 29, 2003

The Mars Volta


I am listening to The Mars Volta's new album right now, De-Loused In The Comatorium, I am still at the 3rd song but man I am already totally blown away. I have never heard anything remotely like this before, the last time i was so overawed like this was when I heard Radiohead's Ok Computer. I NEED to get my hands on the CD as soon as possible, hope Music Junction has it I will go look for it on Monday after work.

From The Mars Volta website:
That record is De-Loused In The Comatorium, the astonishing first album by The Mars Volta. De-Loused In The Comatorium is an iridescent, fearless, brain-busting hour of music, a fictionalized celebration of Julio Venegas’ life. Based on a story written by Cedric, it is a concept album in which the hero tries to commit suicide by overdosing on morphine. Instead of dying, he falls into a coma for a week, and experiences fantastic adventures in his dreams, elemental battles between the good and bad aspects of his conscience. At the end, he emerges from the coma, but chooses to die.

Read reviews
or you can listen to the entire album here.

No comments:

Post a Comment