Wednesday, October 30, 2002

A net friend told me something that was really private today. And as much as i appreciated the fact that she trusted me with that thing and i know i wouldn't betray her trust, i think it was kind of risky to do that cos the person who you know online might not be the real deal, like he/she might not be as trustworthy as you think he/she is and it would be really bad if he or she betrays that trust. As much as we would want to believe it, not everyone we meet are good people.

A few days ago i came to the realization that i read too much into my friendship with Sharon than I ought to have. She was treating me just as a casual friend but i was thinking we were closer than that and that was how all the problems started. I guess I felt that way because she was telling me some really personal problems that she was having at that time so i believed that she was telling them to me because she felt a connection to me. But now i realise that she did that cos its much easier to tell someone online your personal problems as compared to someone that you know in real life. Maybe its because a real friend has a much greater potential to hurt you with that knowledge compared to a net friend.

It's 2:35 AM now and i think i'm gonna go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment